7%

Total votes : 27

RUGS Meeting #88 -Tuesday, 19th July 2011 - KarelCAD

Postby Toby Maple » 07 Jul 2011, 13:13

RUGS Meeting #88 - Tuesday, 19th July 2011

Sponsor – KarelCAD and Ultimo TAFE

Venue: Ultimo TAFE
Room W3-06, Level 3 Marcus Clarke Building, 827-837 George Street, Broadway

Please note the date change and we're back to the normal room, 3rd Tuesday of the month - TAFE is on holidays

Time: 5:30pm Meet and Greet. 6.00pm Meeting start
Cost: $5 – where else can you get 2hrs worth of training and networking for that price? Please help to keep the group sustainable and pay the $5.
We can’t have food in the TAFE room so please grab a bite to eat before – there will be some of us that will get a bite at a local eatery after too.

Please come back to and check as it will be updated as any changes occur. Also please use the poll (at the top of the post) to indicate whether you will be attending or not. You will need to be logged in to the RUGSYD site to vote.
You can also change your vote, if you decide you can’t come on the night. This will allow us to accurately predict numbers for catering, room layout, etc.

• 6.00pm - Open Up – Toby Maple

NYC Revit User group - way more advanced than us - video's here http://www.vimeo.com/channels/96378/page:3

Anthony Bowden will go through some of the Australian New Zealand Revit Standards pack. This is how we should all be making our content! http://www.anzrs.org/blog/ and you can download the pack here http://www.anzrs.org/blog/?page_id=113 bring it along with you on the night

• 6.15pm – Back to Basics – Bifold door - David Quach - Mirvac
David Quach will go through how to make a Bifold door family. Presenting how to create a 3D-operable 4 (or more) panels bifolds - by attaching face-based embeded panel family to reference lines, since reference lines can be connected at those elbow joints the family updates in 3D.

• 6.45pm – Back to Basics - Linked Architectural file in MEP
David Foley will show us some of the issues around us Architects "changing stuff" and some best practices for Arch users to follow when working with MEP consultants.

• 7.15pm - Lock-up – Tips & Tricks – YOU!
We'll open the floor to you guys, to share your experiences, gripes, tips and tricks - go on, get up and have a go!!!

• 7.45pm - Meeting closes – Toby Maple
If you know of anyone who would be interested in attending, please encourage them to come along as well. The larger and more active the group, the more value it is to all involved. You can sign up here http://www.rugsyd.com.au/ , it’s free to join the website – Monthly Meetings $5
Toby Maple
-------------
Revit Users Group Sydney
Chairman
Toby Maple

Company: HASSELL
When did you start to use Revit?: v4.1 2002

Re: RUGS Meeting #88 -Tuesday, 19th July 2011 - KarelCAD

Postby Wesley » 22 Jul 2011, 10:51

Hi all,
During the Tips and Tricks session, the question of negative dimensions in families was raised and I mentioned that Tim Waldock had given a session that included the answer to this. I have attached here an excerpt from his handout, giving all of the details of how to make this work.
Enjoy!
Attachments
RTC USA_Designing_in_Revit_Using_Parametric_Formulas_Tim_Waldock_Handout.pdf
(274.88 KiB) Downloaded 486 times
--------------------------------------------------
"the sooner you fall behind...
... the more time you have to catch up"
Wesley
Founder
Founder

Company: BD Group
When did you start to use Revit?: v0.2 2000

Re: RUGS Meeting #88 -Tuesday, 19th July 2011 - KarelCAD

Postby Roccas » 25 Jul 2011, 11:07

Hello Toby,

I joined the RUGS group a little while ago but have yet to attend a meeting, but would like to do so in the next meeting, however I find it dificult to find information on when that might be. When I go to the Board index>Main>Meetings area I'm greeted with information, it seems from 2009 and even 2007, I'm wondering if there could be a notice that might map out upcoming meetings so that so planning can be made with regard to upcoming and future meetings.

I'm sorry I haven't been to a meeting previously as probrably this information would be issued at the last current meeting, however it would be very useful if there was an area that you could go to that perhaps looked like a calendar to allow a bit of planning.

regards,

Roland Lietz
Attachments
RUGS.JPG
(147.73 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Roccas

Return to Meetings